How to Create a Content Strategy that Drives Results
Success on Facebook requires fresh and engaging content on a consistent basis, but you don’t want to go wild creating random content that says nothing about your brand or business. So, here are a few tips for SMBs to create a customer focused content strategy:
1. Understand Your GoalsHere are a list of potential goals and their means of measurement:
- Traffic: unique visitors from social websites
- Following: subscribers and followers on your social channels
- Interaction: quantity/quality of Facebook comments, Twitter replies/mentions etc.
- Revenue: the precise dollar value of every lead a social post generates
1. Understand Your CustomerBefore developing a good content strategy you need to understand who your customer is. Here are some questions you’ll need to ask yourself about this person:
- Are they male or female?
- How old are they?
- Where do they live?
- Are they single or married?
- Do they have children?
- How educated are they?
- What is their income?
- What do they like?