How Digital Solution Providers can Utilize Existing Data for Facebook RetargetingIf you’ve ever been to a site with ad placements that appear to be tailored to your interests or recent search efforts, you are experiencing site retargeting. Site retargeting notifies advertisers about your browsing activities on specified site and pages in order to trigger highly targeted advertising as you browse the Internet. Research shows the average web site conversion rate is less than 2%, but web site visitors retargeted with display ads are 70% more likely to convert. Furthermore, according to Chango’s Retargeting Barometer, more than half of marketers and agencies will spend more on retargeting in the next six months. So, how can digital solution providers utilize their existing data (1st party data) to make the most out of retargeting on Facebook?
Convert Your Online Directory VisitorsThe goal of traditional search retargeting is to find new customers by retargeting users based on keyword searches they have done on Google, Bing or other sites. You can utilize this same concept within your online directory – when users search a specific service, business or deal, you can send a targeted ad on Facebook to those users that haven’t converted. Additionally, because the tracking pixel (inserted on the directory pages) matches the site visitor to a Facebook user ID, the user can be retargeted across any device – desktop, tablet, or mobile.
- Retarget users who searched for a specific business with a targeted ad offering a deal on one of the SMB’s products/ services
- Retarget users who searched in an industry (plumbers) with targeted ads for any of your SMB clients who match the location of the user and the industry they searched.
- Retarget users who searched for products/ deals with a targeted ad offering a discount or added incentive on what they were searching for.
Convert Your Website VisitorsThe goal of site retargeting is to encourage customers to come back to your site. Facebook retargeting allows us to send targeted ads to anyone who visited your site or a specific page on your site in order to convert more visitors.
- Retarget users who visited your site in the last 30 days in order to drive recent prospects back to your site.
- Retarget users who visited your pricing page with an ad for 10% off services
- Retarget users who visited your blog with ads promoting other content they may be interested in.
Convert SMB Website VisitorsYou are not going to target new prospects, rather prospects that have been to your SMB sites previously but didn’t convert. Utilize Facebook Retargeting to increase conversion rates on the SMB website at reduced costs.
- Retarget users who visited a particular section or page of the SMB site but did not complete an action (purchase/ signup)
- Retarget users who who completed a desired action such as purchased a product or signed up for a new service
- Retarget users who bought a product with related products/ accessories
- Retarget users who have not visited the SMB site in a while
- Retarget users who visited the SMB blog with similar/related content
Convert Visitors to your SMB Mobile AppsDirectories/search engines/review can now embed an event based notifier with mobile software development kit (SDK), build Custom Audiences based on the actions users take while using a mobile app, and deliver ads based on user actions. Because the event tracking matches the mobile app visitor to a Facebook user ID, the user can be retargeted.
- Target users who land on a mobile app download page but don’t convert
- Target users who downloaded the app but haven’t utilized it in the last 30 days
- Target active users by presenting them relevant ads, based on their prior in-app actions such as search history, purchases, etc.
Why it matters to Digital Solution Providers
- Create a New Revenue Stream with Facebook Retargeting
- Reuse Your Purchase Intent Data to Resell More Advertising
- Drive Precise Traffic To Your Clients
- Desktop, Tablet & Mobile Advertising in One
Why it matters to SMBs
- Increase Conversions/ Sales on Your Website
- Reduce Customer Acquisition Costs
- Cross-sell / Up-sell to Existing Customers